Android Layout Stops Working in Eclipse

So far most of the Android development in Eclipse has been smooth sailing.  There is one issue I’ve come across over and over, I get the error message "No XML content. Please add a root view or layout to your document."  A few times I was able to fiddle with the layout and it would just start working.  This last ADK update, I had enough so I went searching again.  This time I found an answer to my prayers.  It turns out that if you have any custom device configuration in the layout editor that do not contain the proper qualifiers, you will get this issue, see thread here.

Solution

Add all applicable qualifiers.

1.  Open screen editor list.

image

2.  Open your custom screen, then move the necessary qualifiers over.

image

1 comment:

Android app development said...

By read your post I got a good idea about Android application.This is one of the highest moving application due to its advance features.
Android app developers