TFS 2010 Web Deploy Unauthorized Operation During Build

I’ve been working on using web deploy to automate our builds of some particular web sites we have built internally.  I’m using Web Deploy 2.0, IIS 7.5, and TFS 2010.  It’s been working fine until today when we get this message:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v10.0\Web\Microsoft.Web.Publishing.targets (3847): Web deployment task failed.  An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer. Failed to invoke or execute createApp provider on the web server.  The Web Deployment Tool’s createApp provider is either not enabled or failed to executed specific commands on the server.  Please contact your server administrator for assistance. (Web Deploy Provider is "createApp"). Error details: An error occurred when the request was processed on the remote computer. Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation. createApp http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=178034

I search around and found that “createApp” is one of the Providers in the IIS Manage Service Delegations (see image below).  Initially when I was setting up web deploy I was following someone blog post on this and their recommendation was using “contentPath, iisApp, setAcl” which worked until today.  When I added “createApp” it fixed the issue.  See my blog on setting up web deploy.

image

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this as I was getting failures for both .net and html verification in webmatrix to my iss 8.0 server. Changing these settings fixed the connection. Cheers